If you work in St Paul, Minnesota,
Westview Park Apartments is an easy commute. Located In West
St. Paul, Minnesota, Westview Park Apartments is peacefully
situated amid stately trees, rolling hills and acres of nearby parkland. Enjoy
the beauty of a natural, fresh country setting that's only a quick drive to city
business and shopping.
One and two bedroom apartments with several
spacious floor plans available. Amenities include balconies,
patios, garages, recreational facilities on grounds or within
walking distance. There are shops and restaurants nearby
on South Robert Street within one mile of the apartments.
History of St. Paul
St. Paul, Minnesota is the Ramsey County seat and the capital
of Minnesota. It was first settled by Pierre Parrant in 1838, received its name
from a little Catholic chapel built in 1841 under the direction of Father Lucian
Galtier, who in the preceding year had come to Mendota, near Fort Snelling. The
history of the building and naming of the chapel, with the adoption of the name
for the village and city, was written in part as follows by Galtier in 1864,
at the request of Bishop Thomas L. Grace.
St. Paul was organized as a village
or town November 1, 1849, and was incorporated as a city
March 4, 1854, then having an area of 2,560 acres, or 4 square
miles. Further large annexations over the years extended
St. Paul to its present area, 55.44 square miles
St. Paul is often called "the Saintly
City"; Minneapolis similarly is "the Mill City" or "the
Flour City"; and the two are very widely known as "the
|Saint Paul, Minnesota
"The saintly city"
St. Paul Today
There are many districts of St. Paul , namely Merriam Park,
Riverview, and St. Anthony Park; and the railway stations of Hazel Park and Highwood.
This city has numerous other residential or partially mercantile and manufacturing
districts. Several districts designated as parks are wholly or partly occupied
by residences, this being the case with each of the districts called parks in
the following list.
Dayton's Bluff, at the east side of the Mississippi
in the southeast part of St. Paul, has a large residence district
on the plateau extending backward from its top. The name commemorates
Lyman Dayton, a former landowner there for whom a village and township
in Hennepin County were named. On the edge of the southern and
highest part of the bluff, in Mounds Park, is a series of seven
large aboriginal mounds, 4 to 18 feet high, from which a magnificent
prospect is obtained, overlooking the river and the central part
of the city.
Arlington Hills and Phalen Park are northeastern
districts, the second being named from Phalen Lake and Creek, for
Edward Phelan (whose name was variously spelled), one of his successive
land claims, in the earliest years of St. Paul, having been on
Como Park, the largest public park of the city,
with adjoining residences, encloses Lake Como, named by Henry McKenty
in 1856 for the widely famed Lake Como adjoining the south side
of the Alps in Italy. He was born in Pennsylvania in 1821, settled
in St. Paul at the age of 30 years, dealt largely in city lots
and farmlands, and died in this city August 10, 1869.
Lexington Park is a western central district,
named from Lexington, Mass., where the first battle of the Revolutionary
War was fought, April 19, 1775.
Farther northwest and southwest, respectively,
are the districts of Hamline and Macalester Park, having the Methodist
Hamline University and the Presbyterian Macalester College, named
in honor of Bishop Leonidas Lent Hamline (1797-1865) of Ohio, and
Charles Macalester (1798-1873) of Philadelphia, a generous donor
to this college.
In and near Groveland Park, a district at the
west side of the city, bordering on the Mississippi, are three
large Catholic institutions, St. Paul Seminary, University of St.
Thomas, and College of St. Catherine.
St. Anthony Hill, often called simply the Hill
District, comprises a large residential area on a broad plateau
that was crossed by the earliest road leading from the central
part of St. Paul to the Falls of St. Anthony and the city of this
name, which in 1872 was united with Minneapolis.
At Seven Corners, southwest from the business
center of St. Paul, streets radiate in seven directions, with buildings
on the intervening corners of the city blocks.
Saint Paul Public Schools
360 Colborne Street -- Saint Paul, MN 55102 -- 651.767.8100
Municipal Center Address
390 City Hall, 15 West Kellogg Blvd., Saint Paul, MN 55102
651.266.8510 . fax 651-266-8513
Directions to Westview Park Apartments from St. Paul,
South on Robert Street to Marie Avenue; turn east to Westview
Park Apartments, West St. Paul, Minnesota.